PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine TBO & IFR flying - new rules comming?
Old 27th Feb 2012, 19:02
FlyForFunSweden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha! Well good luck will be needed I guess!

I re-read the UK document on "FLYING TRAINING AND FLYING TESTS IN PRIVATE AIRCRAFT." and if I am not mistaken it said that if it was a EASA aircraft it could be used for getting a initial rating.

It is strange since it seems to contradict JAR-FCL 1 which says "Only aeroplanes approved by the Authority for training purposes shall be used".

Anyway they seem to be local to the UK and the old national UK certificates.

I don't know why it wouldn't be possible to follow a syllabus with a instructor in my own plane seen from a learning perspective, that's what you do in the USA i think? That's why they have those very clear "Practical test standards" which tell you what is expected. Great system!

But anyway I assume this is old info since after the 8 April 2012 new regs. apply (although different sates will have different effective dates).

More on the new legislation can be found in

COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011
laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council

which is 200 pages+ and can be found here
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...11:FULL:EN:PDF

I Googled further and realize that RF, FTO and TRTO now will be replaced with Approved Training Organisation – ATO (documented in Part-OR)

EASA Flight Standards: NPA AR / OR

So what the rules actually are is anybody's guess - but my guess is that they are complex, unnecessary, expensive, and will not benefit flying safety.

EASA is just out of control...