PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine TBO & IFR flying - new rules comming?
Old 27th Feb 2012, 16:09
FlyForFunSweden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe, mad? Business as usual more like it!

It would be totally mad if you could not get training in your own aircraft.
Yes that's what I said! I wrote the Swedish equivalent of CAA = Transportstyrelsen and they said as follows.

A) A flight instructor is not allowed to give lessons ad-hoc, unpaid or not. If it's PPL studies training must be performed by a RF = Registered Facility, or if IR och CPL a FTO = Flight Training Organization.

B) Only aircraft registered on the RF or FTO permit are allowed to be used for training. (which a whooping charge for the privilege of placing a AC on the schools permit - negating any savings).

C) Since the RF or FTO are charging for the aircraft it's commercial and the aircraft must be "public cat" maintained i.e. newer than 12 years engine under a maintenance contract with a CAMO.

D) No exceptions to the above.

So even though I have several friends who are flight instructors I can't fly with them in my own aircraft and log those hours towards my IR.

So if there is a way around it I would love to know!

Shall I take it to mean that a non-UK aircraft with only one owner could be used for training?

I looked at the PDF - nice it says I CAN use my AC to train and pay the instructor! But it contradicts what the local authorities are saying. I need to dig further and see if I can find the "motherlode" which would be the original EASA document that says the same thing and take that to the local authorities.

Thanks!

P