PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 16:08
Danny42C

To Adam, Chugalug, Cliff, Fred and all the others who have welcomed me so warmly and been so complimentary with my efforts so far,

Don't imagine that my calls for "back up" are simply fishing for plaudits for myself -. although I'm naturally only too pleased to get them - but the danger to this thread is that the contributors, who by definition must all be 90 or very near it, will drop off their perches before much longer. It is for this reason that I beg all my contemporaries (who are reading this. and shyly waiting on the sidelines, as I did for six months) to come aboard before it's too late, and so keep the show on the road.

I am very taken with the suggestion, made by Cliff a few Posts ago (and remember all this is his doing, for he started the whole Thread off years ago) that the Moderators might be asked to broaden the scope of this thread to include our wartime service, our postwar service (for those who managed to stay, or wangle their way back in) and perhaps even the odd bit of civil life if relevant or amusing. I have noticed that they (the Moderators) cut us no end of slack in this respect already: (think what a loss it would have been if (the sorely missed) Reg's tale had been chopped off when he got his wings). What came after our training is usually more interesting than the training itself - this must necessarily be "variations on a theme") between individuals.

We could keep the title of the Thread, or pick a new one (how about "Great Grandad's Air Force"?) Here Cliff must have the last word - as indeed he must over the whole idea put forward - it's his baby, after all. I throw it open for discussion.

Danny42C

Last edited by Danny42C; 11th Mar 2012 at 00:25.