PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 07:19
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almost 20 pilots have left last year
E165,

If you could PM those names I'd be very grateful. I'm not trying to dilute your message but I can't get anywhere near 20.

I agree with your figures regarding potential leavers. I reckon 7-8 definites/almost definites, with another 4 who are certainly looking seriously at other jobs.

The recruitment is nowhere near keeping up and we will, I think, be running at a net loss. This could be an okay thing IF they reacted by upping the terms and conditions. On the other hand they could hand some of the flying back to ANA and I'd be willing to bet a couple of Asahis that it won't be passenger flying. So we COULD end up with an even worse deal i.e. more freight + OKA + a salary reduction (for the AJV captains), which would certainly outweigh the 'extra' commuting day we've gained.

This is one of those spiral situations. If we could get more pilots then we could get more of the flying shared around, leading to less fatiguing and more equitable rosters. The opposite is also true, as we are seeing at the moment. The days off are, in my opinion, pretty good and the best of the commuting jobs. Likewise the commuting itself; you can't really get any better. So the problems of rosters etc comes down to money. More money and an exchange rate protection for the salary = more pilots = better rosters = happy pilots = more pilots applying/staying.

It really isn't rocket science but I don't see Parc, nor Crew stepping up and getting it sorted out and that's what is required. You'd think the falling numbers of pilots on their books would prompt some sort of action but I'm clearly, as ever, not seeing the Big Picture