PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Feb 2012, 06:28
Alexrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Honours in SA is 4 years, so when I posted that I was at the end of my 2nd year and going onto my third. Since then I've finished 3rd year and have just started my 4th (honours) year.

Alexrey,

While I'm no official source of recruitment information, or a former officer, I do know from my previous RAF recruitment research that you have a huge gap in your understanding of how the RAF recruit officers or SNCOs for flying duties, whether pilot or WSOp, not only on the areas of nationality and age but also streaming and the branch's evolution.
I realise that you don't just walk into the RAF and then jump into whatever you want. I know that people are streamed to different airframes based on requirements and pilot ability, but I thought that maybe fast-jet training would have been in a bigger hold-up than other lines due to very limited airframe numbers, whereas other lines might have been more free. I agree, my post was kinda ambiguous; apologies.

Not recruiting in FY 2012/2013? That's pretty much some of the worst damn news I've ever heard. I guess I'll still be keeping my ear to the ground to try and find out if anything has changed in the near future. It's not the best feeling to find out that after working your heart out for years, you realize that you were essentially born in the wrong time period.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by Alexrey; 27th Feb 2012 at 06:56.