PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa World Airlines
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 04:29
totomechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pan African World Airways?

Thanks for the comprehensive answers... Its exciting to witness the birth of a desperately needed, well planned regional airline within Africa... And yes! in my humble yet biased opinion, I can concur that Accra is the best city in West Africa.

It seems a good idea to start conservatively with the Erj-145 as supposed to E-Jet, BAE146 etc; however, the amount of potential revenue that would be missed from seat/cargo capacity is yet to be seen. I suppose capacity can always be increased as the routes mature but financial losses can't be recovered

I must confess when I first heard the name AWA, I couldnt help but draw similarities to the great American TWA which dominated domestic/regional routes in America. Who knows? maybe AWA is the start of something great... ie provided it isnt greatly under-capitalised like soooo many other carriers that lack adequate financing and are unable to expand their fleet beyond their first few planes.
Any plans of flying internationally to Europe or Asia in the distant future?
Plans for a second base in Africa? And any updates with livery, estimated launch date, schedules etc?

Wishing AW all the best!!

PS: I wonder how Kotoka airport is coping with all this increased activity? I hear Starbow just added 2 additional BAE's to its fleet and others like fly540 are to follow suit with the CRJ700 between accra and nairobi. Also, strong rumors about a national airline in 2013 (after elections).. busy skies over accra! exciting!