PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New AFRICAN Air Cargo Routes needed ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 02:41
mogas-82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good idea is always to go where the money is but most importantly where the supply is low and demand high. For the first factor, while trying to deal with stability one could go to SSG, DLA, LBV, LAD. But you also have to consider the already existing supply. E.g. SSG and LAD have already direct connections to the US. So you naturally have to consider where there are no direct (or even one stopover) connections to places where supplies from the US (i.e. US customers or companies) are needed.

So without much research I would say:
-Lusaka - copper mining activities, few 1st world connections, stable country, sufficient facilities
-Freetown or Conakry - oil explorations, few 1st world connections, not very stable countries, not ideal facilities
-Entebbe - sufficient 1st world connections, but no direct to the US, rather stable country, established facilities (if they are out of fuel Nairobi is 1 hour away), oil explorations starting, local hub to east DRC and South Sudan (i.e. many NGOs and oil) + on the way back one could load fresh Nile Perch