PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 02:37
E165

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, we definitely have an attrition problem here since last year. (you can be the judge in deciding if this is in line with other carriers who hire foreign pilots) Not just a few trickle here and there like in the past, but almost 20 pilots have left last year, with a couple to other Japanese carriers. As for SM, actually, 1 guy already started class this year, and 4 more have firm class dates there. (whether they'll actually go, no one knows). Plus the 1 Dom mentioned, another going back to the US, a couple more who are looking at one of the new Japanese startups very seriously, and a few more definitely in the process of leaving. It totals to about a dozen. If that's not a bunch, I don't know what is. Again, whether or not these guys leave, that remains to be answered until they actually give AJX the sayonara notice.

I'm not in any way trying to make up stories to discourage people from coming here. However, this place is definitely not what it was before the "merger" though. Just stating the facts and maybe some rumors that's going around. But if you still want to come here, I say come on and you can be your own judge about this place - and good luck again. It still works out for a lot of the pilots here. My cool-aid started tasting sour a while back. And yes, the grass is not always greener on the other side, but sometimes it is.