PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - two too old to fly together.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2012, 18:07
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 2006 the International Civil Aviation Authority required pilots over the age of 60 to be paired with pilots under 60 after it extended the maximum age to 65.
Any facts and statistics that could back up this regulation that says at 60 we are more dangerous than at 59?
Any crash caused by 2 pilots because they were both over 60? Or that's just mad regulation out of the blue? Do they think they saved the day and the crew was about to crash?

Regulation from 2006? 6 years later, by how much the life span has increased anyway?
How much valid could be this kind of regulation with time passing by since?

I was told that the most dangerous pilots are the young ones below 2000 hours total time, why is there no regulation concerning age in this case?
Why not: not flight possible for a 22 years old without being paired with a 60 years old pilot?

I am against this age racism. But I support safety 1000% So for the older I would love to see severe medical AND sim check very regularly (3 months?), and as far as they pass, then why setting an age limit when some pilots are healthier at 61 than some others at 51?