PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2012, 17:17
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly, I can't be ar*ed to look through all 8 pages and so I apologise if this has already been covered but this:

Diamond Jubilee Medal | Commemorative Queens 2012 Medals for Sale

Eligibility
Available to all those who have served Queen and Country from 6th February 1952, the date Elizabeth II ascended to the throne, or those who are currently serving members of the Armed Forces, Emergency Services personnel (paid, retained or voluntary), Prison Service, Police Community Support Officers, holders of the Victoria Cross and George Cross and members of the Royal Household. Next of kin and direct descendants may also apply. The miniature medal and all other items are available without restriction. The Government of the United Kingdom will be striking an official medal which will be issued to eligible serving personnel only. Many deserving individuals will not be eligible to the official issue including all those who are no longer serving. As this is a commemorative and not official issue, it is to be worn with pride not alongside gallantry decorations, but separately and distinctively.

Please note that St John Ambulance volunteers are not authorised to wear this commemorative issue.
has to be a bloody joke! Surely?

If they don't want to give it to us retired wallas (and why should they - our need would compound the national debt a thousand-fold given that there are more of us on the outside than on the inside, these days!) then who in their right mind would buy one and when would you wear it?

Is it me or have we become a very shallow nation?

Foldie

PS. I'm bloody glad St John's Ambulance can't buy it, I wouldn't want to be thought of of having to share a medal with them (or prison officers; PCSOs; and 999 telephone operators!).

PPS. Bloody country has gone to the dogs!