PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to become an AME/City of Bristol College
Old 26th Feb 2012, 16:41
3 Phase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also be very careful when it comes to CoBC. I have previous experience with them and they are far from truthful. Capot is spot on with what is going on there. I left a few years back and I was amazed they were not under investigation at that time! Out of the 20 or so students in the class I attended, I would say around 3 or so managed to get employment, with no help at all from the college when it comes to the OJT. As for the numerous other classes, I am fairly sure they did not fair any better. The college argued that they never said that they would find OJT for you, they would just try and help. Well, they didn't even get that far. I remember the outrage when this type rating scandal started, just another method of gaining valuable college income from unsuspecting students. That valuable income does not pay for good training materials or practical equipment and once you do graduate, you will probably question the relevancy of anything you have been taught. But the old war stories are good for giggles.

Personally, I think you are much better off with the traditional apprenticeships with the major players. I can't help but think that CoBC will just fill you with false promises and empty your wallet at the same time, just the same as they did with hundreds of other former students.

And the college canteen sucks.