PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Feb 2012, 15:09
StephanK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries.
Been on the Feb, Second Officer interv in Doha.
787 basic flying, briefings, t/o, clean up, chk list, follow heading, altitudes and in a few minuites you are abeam Rwy center line for a radar vector ILS !
You could find it "quite easy" as it flies more or less as a normal a/c and has more or less same indications on instruments, although you have 2x 15" Screens in front of you !
You will be briefed from the ground about the flap speeds and you can take notes. Not as simple as the airbus proceedures (F1 F2 Gear Down F3 F-Full LDG Chk Lst) The 787 has 1 5 15 25 whatever it was cant recall now.
At the begging i was a bit confused about the trimming as i am A-320 Type rated. Push down to bring the a/c nose up etc. As the a320 has auto trim. But nothing too serious as you can control your altitude with the controls.
When they turned us on the final heading for ILS interception it was a bit short turn around 9-10 nm for 27R heathrow (as far as my eye caught from the screens) so you had to be a little bit fast and very accurate to capture the localizer, maintain it, then G/S and start your descent with a/c configured !
2 Landings , instuctor gets the controls, puts toga , Pos. Climb -> Gear Up and you have CTRL again !