PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2012, 06:56
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PC mentioned a blue Brantly in Mann's hangar which hardly ever flew and was brought out for engine runs - does anyone remember this craft?

Similarly PC mentions a black 206 which had a bullet hole in the chin perspex and that the same craft may have flown 'Old Blue Eyes' .. any recollections? Of Sinatra, he did fly with Ferranti of that I am certain.

Hatters: Thank you for the information on BEKH - one would love to see again the ad you refer to, I remember it well. I've never heard of Martin Burgin though - would be interested to learn a little more about him.

As promised, some additional shots from Fairoaks photographer Wingnut:

Agusta-Bell 206B III G-LOCK at the Mannstead c.1980

We have discussed G-TPTR on previous pages but .. she did of course begin life as G-LOCK, owned by Lovaux of Bracknell in Berkshire who bought her in October of 1979.

Bell 206B III G-NEWS at the Mannstead c.1980 (G-BGGX in the background)

Whether this was the black 206 to which PC refers I do not know. She was imported from the US however (being of Bell and not Agusta manufacture). NEWS was bought by Peter Press of Wallingford, Oxfordshire in November 1978.

Bell 206L N18097 at the Mannstead c.1980

I have tried to obtain some background on this craft but have failed to do so. I initially thought this may have been G-HBUS but it is not. Furthermore, her US registration seems to be attributed to more than one serial number and which is obviously confusing.