PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2012, 21:01
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business questionnaire

DUS, FRA and MUC were all served by BAConnect until Flybe took over BACon in 2007. DUS and MUC were daily and FRA double-daily all with ERJ145s.

Lufthansa (Eurowings) then did FRA for 13 months until April 2009, axing it as the recession began to bite.

It was operated by Bae 146-300 aircraft, initially 3 x daily 7 days a week, and carrried over 98,000 passengers during its lifetime. Maybe the aircraft were too big and/or frequency too great, at least to begin with - frequency was reduced during the winter of the operation.

easyJet operated Copenhagen in 2003-2004 and it was attracting very good loads but was axed when the Danish government imposed a £7 per passenger tax.

Hamburg was tried by easyJet in 2005-2006 and was one of the very few Orange failures at BRS in terms of loads, though they were nowhere near dire.

HAM was also operated by the German airline OLT (Saab340 and 2000 aircraft) as a niche route for the aviation industry double-dropping with Bremen. HAM ceased but Bremen carried on till last year.

Istanbul has never been tried from BRS, not even regular charters so far as I can recall.

Incidentally, as well as the route questionnaire the airport website is also inviting business travellers to take part in a general in-depth survey.

Ryanair - Knock

Looks as though this may become a summer-only route. I wondered whether it would re-appear at all when it was dropped for the current winter. It's been in the summer 12 timetable for a while so let's hope a few more people use it this year.

Eastern

I'm told that the two remaining former Air Southwest Dash 8-300s will leave the fleet within the next two months and that BRS will then have a based Saab 2000.

The Eastern BRS-LBA-ABZ summer timetable shows two Saab 2000 rotations most days and in addition a Jetstream 41 rotation on selected days each week.

Flybe BRS-Isle of Man

There was a post in the Isle of Man thread recently stating that BRS-IOM is to cease.

I'm told on good authority that this is not the case.

It's available for booking this summer and BRS has a car park promotion in connection with this route.