PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to become an AME/City of Bristol College
Old 25th Feb 2012, 18:17
tech_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm, so what you're telling me is that CoBC would be a waste of my time?

When I asked them these questions at a recent open day they led me to believe that 100% of their graduates were snapped up within 18 months of passing the course and that I couldn't get accreditation from my electrical engineering degree allowing me to miss some of the modules such as maths and elec. fundamentals, meaning I would have to go right back to basic Ohms Law etc.

Although I suppose they would say these things as they are trying to sell a VERY expensive course.

I've seen that KLM do a 2 year course (which the student pays for) in conjunction with Kingston uni and their website says that:

"On successful completion of this course, KLM UK Engineering looks to recruit selected individuals to work within their aircraft maintenance hangars based at Norwich Airport."

So I take it that this is yet another gamble to get into the industry with the student taking all of the risk just for KLM to say "on your bike" at the end of the course, or are KLM just saying that to cover themselves as they cant promise they'll offer everyone jobs? Does anyone know how many of the course graduates get employed with KLM?

Sorry for the mass of questions again!