PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Canberra book contributor request
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2012, 16:48
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we know on the T.4 at least you could pull eject via the seat pan handles alone - I would think this would have been implemented as the years went on to other marks but would like to hear from others on what they remember. Speaking of T.4 ejections, I was talking with a US Navy pilot recently who asked me the question if there was any kind of separating rod mechanism to prevent any accidental collision when the pilot and instructor banged out together. He told me on some of their side-by-side trainers that a rod would fire between the seat thus ensuring enough separation that they would not hit each other on ejection. Did the T.4 have that, or was there a delay built in for simultaneous ejections...I would think not as every second counts, right? Frankly I don't know how the front-seaters could ever eject at the same time in a T.4 as the arrangement is pretty damn cramped.

Thanks for posting that link LR, very interesting thread and I am glad you were able to confirm the details you needed.