PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Jubilee Vulcan Flying
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2012, 16:03
NutLoose

Received 2,902 Likes on 1,243 Posts
I donated once and ever since I have been bombarded with begging letters which I simply bin, they seem to know no bounds as to how low they will stoop to extract Money, it is also one of the few historical civilian aircraft that pays its crew to fly it, didn't mind funding the aircraft considering the amount of people that give their time for free to help keep it airworthy, but to fund the crew..I will pass.
BUT the year it flew to Waddington I think it was, where all the blurb for the show swelled the crowds to see the Vulcan fly, with some people travelling hundreds of miles with their families to see it and having paid to get in to find it was actually in the static as the VOC prior to it arriving knew the Permit to Fly would not be in place. They then left all the unpaid volunteers to face the anger of those that had spent a lot of money to get there, whilst the paid Aircrew, Staff and Dr Fleming stayed well away.... I truly felt for those volunteers and the abuse they got...
I would rather see it reduced to baked bean cans than it see another £1 out of my pocket to pay the wages of Fleming and his cronies.