PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 25th Feb 2012, 13:59
Muddy Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife will bring something to the table?

Eternity,

I totally get where your coming from and I like your considered approach but a couple of items to think about.

You do make it sound like you'll be the only breadwinner in the family. You're in your 30s and whoever you marry probably will be too by the time you finish kicking the tyres. I doubt in this modern age, the woman of your dreams will be completely devoid of having had a career? She might not come with a dowry but I'm sure she's been working as hard as you and between the joint incomes of you're family you might be able to afford a larger down payment or mortgage.

The other point. I have gone from rags to riches and back to rags several times over my working life. My first mortgage was a monster, I lost sleep at night worrying how I'd ever pay it back. Within a few years, my salary had crept up along with the cost of living and left it behind, it quickly became less daunting.

Bsaically my point is, don't over think things, they will all come good one way or another...