PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2012, 07:21
Daermon ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamplinas
Needless to say, this "mercenaries" won't recieve a warm welcome from the locals.
Personally, I do not support the above statement. I consider it a veiled threath and showcase for a chauvinistic worldview.

It is also inaccurate: Workers from NATS (or wherever FerroNats finds their staff) are going to be assigned to one of the 10 "liberalized" towers in mainland Spain. The only time they will meet with Aena controllers is when they get their OTJ training. They are guaranteed to pass that training.

From the third link I posted:
En los supuestos de cambio de proveedor de tránsito aéreo, dificultar, obstaculizar o negarse a prestar la debida colaboración y a suministrar la formación e instrucción así como la información necesaria para que dicho cambio se produzca con garantías de seguridad, eficacia y continuidad.
An aproximate translation is that any difficulty, delay or refusal to provide training and collaboration is a very severe offence, which as I explained before yields automatically a permanent loss of atco license and a fine betweeen 250.001 and 4.500.000 Euros.
And who decides what was a "difficulty, delay or refusal"? Yep, you got it...

So basically these foreign staff will get their validation at the speediest legal limit (an perhaps even sooner... forgett USA, Spain is the country where everything is possible ) and then they will never see an Aena atco again.

Ah, by the way, don't take that statement from Pamplinas personally... many controllers have the same attitude towards those newly minted atco-students who paid 50.000 euros for their training and now learn that they are basically jobless ... here is a chilling letter from one of them explaining his situation (spanish only, but google translate it)

I will never blame a worker for a manager's decission, I just try to provide the information so they know where they are getting into.