PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 25th Feb 2012, 03:15
Asphalt_Jungle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang in there

Yes they are still hiring via Altara, with the ability to promote into full time Altara followed by full time Tiger.
My hours since oct/nov have been very good, feb was a slow month but it is every year. New cabin crew get good hours though as they need to build up to get off their greens.
Hopefully tiger will have both a SYD and BNE base within the next 12 months. There is no garuntee as to which will be first.
To those of you waiting, hang in there, I'm current cabin crew for tiger and the opportunity to grow in the company will happen very fast for you if you love what you do and work hard.
There are GS's that have all been promoted to Full Time Altara (have to wait for EBA to be approved before we can transition to Tiger Full Time) within their first year and some are even now Act Ups (probationary Cabin Managers)again, from being with the company in that time.
But you must work hard, management do notice and do talk.
I have so far had a very cruisy ride at Tiger but I love what I do and I believe it shows in my work.
Hope this helps if you were having any doubts
Good luck