PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 24th Feb 2012, 23:30
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, this all seems a bit surreal. From what I am told, the last formal announcement from the recruitment team suggested that courses were penned in up until August. This seemed to be without regard to the outcome of the pilot vote on the integration with bmi crew. If anything, tones from the recruiters indicated that a 'yes' vote would be advantageous to future DEP hire. After the 'yes' vote was announced it appeared that recruitment was once again gathering momentum. I know of a number of people who are now awaiting confirmed assessment dates or who have attended these recently. Sources that I would consider reliable suggested that existing 'holdpoolers' would be offered positions 'in due course.' This would fit with Wirbelsturm's opinion, who of course is part of BA.

Now it's being suggested that it is all over? Wam Bam! All seems a bit sudden. Hopefully some clarity will emerge after the weekend. I believe a written update is due from the recruitment team imminently??

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 25th Feb 2012 at 07:16.