PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tricky question ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2012, 19:55
Lancair70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re getting my boys mother to do part or half of the driving, she does. In fact her court ordered part is greater than mine overall, at end of term holidays she has to bring the boys to me, a 1100km road trip, one way. The recent 14hr drive I did was collecting them from the halfway point ! Having flown it a few times, I AM NOT keen on doing the drive again. approx 3hrs return in a 125ktas aircraft (C182) sure beats 14+hrs at 2'agl and 50kt average. A PA-24 will be even quicker.

I am very wary of flying anyones aircraft, Ive been caught out before, aircraft went u/s whilst a few hours away from home port and I had to pay for another aircraft to fly out with LAME and owner, long story a long time ago.
There was a reasonbly active flying school nearby and I had approached some CPL students about flying with me, I fly the trip with my boys on board and they fly the other leg. Unfortunately the schools gone quiet (cfi quit) and students have moved on.
If I could afford to buy my own aircraft or even a share in one Id be doing that for sure.

Lancair