PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL(A) & (H) flying in the UAE
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2012, 10:11
alistair.baker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL(A) & (H) flying in the UAE

Hi all,

I am about to relocate from the UK to Dubai and I was looking for information on how to keep on flying there, either fixed wing or rotary. The only pprune threads I found were 4 years old, most of them referencing the UAQ Umm Al Quwain Aero Club which does not seem to exist anymore.

I found two schools on the web, but I could not reach anyone there on the phone (maybe normal since it is the week-end already over there)
  • Horizon Flight Academy (Al Ain, 150km from Dubai): Horizon Flight Academy seems to offer PPL for rotary but only ATPL courses for fixed wing. Does not provide any information on rentals.
  • Fujairah Aviation Academy (Fujairah, 130km from Dubai): FUJAA also seems more focused on CPL. Does not provide any information on rentals either.
Would anybody have information on those? Is it possible to rent fixed wing or helicopters there as a PPL, after possible conversion to a GCC license? Are there any other places in the UAE where I can rent a fixed wing (including microlight) or rotary?

Thanks a lot for your help!
A.