PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 24th Feb 2012, 07:42
Alexrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll have a look into the citizenship details. I do remember though that when I looked at my passport I saw that under "British National" it also said "British Citizen". Are there different citizen "types" that someone can have?

With regards to all of the pilot hold-ups, is this just for fast-jets or all airframes, as I am happy flying any fixed-wing aircraft that they have to offer (although obviously if you make the effort to join up, its best to aim high). I'm guessing that you referred to all airframes.

When you say that they aren't training anymore WSOs, are you referring to Tornado WSOs? Is because the Tornado will be phased out soon by the Typhoon and the F-35?

WSOp may be a last resort route that I will take, since it sounds like it would still be very interesting. Would the possibility of changing over to a pilot be possible a few years down the line, once I've made it as a WSOp, if I show promise and determination?