PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW
Old 24th Feb 2012, 07:09
Spitfire88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went for the CX AE interview yesterday,

I dont know on what basis their shortlisting candidates, ( besides 250 hr reqment) cause there were candates present who had applied this january too.

I was called for the 1pm batch, there were 5 other candidates along with me. In a random order u are sent to either the interview or the tech written or the abstract test.

The tech written was very easy,
Only thing imp worth mentioning abt tht would be ur ILS based sums and conversions ( m/s to knts and others)

The abstract reasoning test,
Raven test | Raven progressive matrices test this is what u shld expect.

The interview,
2interviewers, one guy will talk to u abt ur history along with cathay and hongkong. They trying to see if ur passionate abt cathay and hongkong and if u could survive there.
The other will talk to u abt the tech stuff. mostly basic aerodynamics and principle of flight. Expect a few met questions and maybe to desipher a chart.
Also brush up the specifics about the planes u flew while ur training.

If they see ur not sure about a certain topic theyl question u more abt tht topic to try and find faults and limitations
Th interview questions covered in cyrilroy21 post pretty much covers everything u need to know. Just be warned there are some inaccuracies there.
eg: Founded on 24th Sept. 90 billion HKD revenue, 14 billion HKD profit