PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 24th Feb 2012, 06:15
stiknruddr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cyril

I have noticed that you have a keen eye for detail and are always willing to help out on any querries regarding the DGCA.

I have gone through the flowchart and I have one or two main querries.

I have been trying to get Mr Vashist on the phone but no one's answering.

Lets see if we can work out an understanding here on this forum.

here goes....

If I want a single engine endorsement on indian CPL, then the flowchart does not mention any skill test/general test/cross country test to be done abroad but I will need to do them here in india. am i right so far?

Next, if I want only multi endorsement on the Indian CPL, I still have to do the Day test, night test, IR check on the multi at my foriegn school on the DGCA format (as per point no. 8 of the first box, Part A) . Now these day/night test are general test and not skill test correct?
However the last line of point 1 of Part B (second Box) says that the skill test will be carried out in India for multi endorsement. Which test are these? are they diff from the day test/nigh test/ir check mentioned above in part A, point no. 8? do I have to repeat those in india?
What about the cross country checks by day and night? will i need to them in india or abroad if I want only multi on indian CPL because i wont do them abroad as they are not mentioned in part A and I wont do them in india as I am only asking for multi on indian CPL and for that it only says i need multi skill tests here..

So to summarise, I will be getting a multi+IFR from abroad and will want only Multi+IFR here, not single or single+IFR. What do i need to do there and what do i need to do here in terms of flying/skill test?

On a related note, what is the difference between general flight tests by day and night Versus day and night skill test? I cant find the various forms for them on the DGCA site .only found CA 40 for general flight test. which forms are to be used for skill checks and cross country checks?

would be grateful to anyone who can clarify these for me.