PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first as pax with Kulula
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2002, 20:46
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Orca: "If you think the Kulula 727's are a "GHASTLY" colour of green, wait untill you see the newly painted 737-400. A lot worse!!!!!!! Must have been a special on green paint somewhere."

Ain't that the truth!!! I saw one today on the front apron at JNB as I was being taxied out. The colour is yuk and the paint looks like it has been daubed on by children!

As to whether Kulula will take on other routes, I heard a rumour that Comair want to leave the franchise when it is next up for renewal, so that they can compete on all routes ...
???

The flight that I was in was the AirLink JNB ~ PHW, 16:15 rotation and we had to wait for the wind to finish changing ends. Fairly heavy rain, so the Cpt warnded of turbulence when departing.

Why is that, after two clear warnings, we DO drop a bit (maybe 50m) some of the pax scream? Oh well, they had better stay on the ground next time. The J41 and the guys up front did their stuff and all was well, of course.

This was my first trip to Phalaborwa and the airport is really neat, a beautifully designed terminal building.

Later, after I had checked into the Impala, I realised that I had left a small notebook in the seat pocket. Rang Airlink and they called back to say that it had been found upon return to JNB and it is now making it's way back to me. Thanks all involved, on the machine and the ground.

Now for the eclipse!!