PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FIT TO FLY??
Thread: FIT TO FLY??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 08:41
R 21
Fly-Friendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a terrible, preventable accident. I must agree with Orca the systamatic failures from the MO (Doc Wyper oh we could discuss that can of worms for a while but I will stay on target) to the AEFs failing to stand up and say no you can no longer fly in the RAF.

It happens all over the airforce with a 'jobs for the boys' attitude with people comming to the end of their service in a comfortable easy non deployable job which they convieniently engineer into a FTRS post and they leave the regulars and fill as FTRS. When people are on their last tour at aged 55 for the RAF to allow them into the Aux/Res/VR(T) as aircrew they must surely be A1 fit or close to it. I can't believe there is a shortage of pilots to fill these positions so can we not afford to pick the very best?

I realise that the AEF is staffed by VR(T) pilots but surely we need to be perhaps a bit more choosey in who we allow to fly our children? There is no doubting the AEF pilots skill but someone surely must have realised that he shouldn't be flying any more?

A terrible, preventable, tragic accident and my thoughts are with the cadets family.