PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Pilots required to sleep in 75 Decibels
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 08:39
RMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the best to my ex BA Connect / BRAL buddies out there .... another reunion due soon methinks . On topic after my pilots free flight Atlas "best bang for the buck" in my aviation career.... perfect for stop overs in daylight as well as on the aircraft or at home next to the snoring wife. Its a patented product which has double noise reduction (34 dBs on the plugs plus unspecified reduction on the covers/ plug retainers) . The mask cuts out light better than any mask I've ever used. They imply you can reuse it for life ...the reality is I have used mine almost every work day/ night for almost six months and continuously wiping it down eventually meant I had to buy another. Also the ear plugs dont even last that long but you can buy them separately for peanuts.

The only place I can find that sells it (presumably the patent holder) is on ebay UK item number 320998848140 although I belive it is also sold in the US. In terms of its cost to produce it is top quality but still expensive for what it is... but uninterrupted sleep is priceless for a light sleeper like me.

Layden Fritz get in touch!

Al

Last edited by RMC; 12th Oct 2012 at 10:03.