PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your (Victorian) tax dollars at work?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 08:08
Plow King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your (Victorian) tax dollars at work?

Mildura received a visit today from Acting Victorian Premier Peter Ryan to announce some funding projects, one of which is $2.2 million for the never-ending "re-development" of the airport. Rather than travel by one of the 7 return RPT services (depending on the day), he arrived on a Bombardier Global Express with what looked like no more than 6 POB. Politics aside, I was just wondering if someone in corporate aviation circles could enlighten me as to what conditions would preclude such a figure travelling by one of three perfectly adequate RPT operators, and roughly what the hourly rate on a Global Express is.

I guess the bigger question is - is $2.2 mil enough to see the "security" fence continue beyond the 18 threshold (because terrorists hate walking that extra 100 metres), and will the old QLink maintenance hangar be put to greater use than storing the airport managers boat?

Hope the guys in the GLEX didn't get accosted by the Mildura Airport Stasi to produce their ASIC like their GA brethren frequently do, that never leaves a good taste in visitor's mouths.