PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR and MEP Renewals
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 21:22
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First question, why do you want to renew your MEP? Unless you have to much money!

Be sure you do your ME/IR renewal before expiry, within 3 months from expiry date, so you can do your renewal in sim.

Unless you have a job lined up with a Multi Piston, it is a waste of money to renew your MEP, completely useless.

ME/IR renewal is in the sim first time, normally 2 session practice in the Sim is enough, and do your ME/IR renewal.
I did mine at Stapleford, and they have the DA42 sim, cost around £800 if I recall correctly.

They did not even want me to do the second session, but I did that for my own piece of mind. They are to busy to bother to try to rip you off, which is good! But make sure you book in early, because exactly that, they are very busy there.

Forget about the MEP renewal, waste of money and time, unless you would like to do some pleasure flights, save the money in case you need to do another renewal next year, as that will be in the aircraft, but again you do not need a MEP to do that renewal as far as I can recall.