PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Gatwick Helicopter Link
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2002, 17:13
Attila

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LGW - LHR Shuttle

The service was provided by a joint venture. The aircraft, G-LINK, a normal North Sea fit S61N Mk2, was owned by the British Airport Authority. British Caledonian mainline provided the check-in and air stewardesses and British Airways Helicopters provided the flight deck and engineers. Later, when manning level either fell or more North Sea contracts had been won - I can't remember which - BCal Helicopters provided the flight deck and engineers.
The girls who were full time on the link were issued with a slim line skirt, but those who were attached for short periods wore the normal kilt. If they forgot to gather all the lose material in the kilt before leaving the disk area, some unscrupulous flight deck members would pull a little pitch and tilt the disk slightly, thereby showing the world what the Callie hosties wore under their kilts

By the way, AlanM,

I have it on very good authority that the S61 in British Airways livery, G-BCEA, shown on the second on your hyperlinks, is hard at work in the Falkland Islands, along with one other. It is operated by British International on a military support contract.

ramsrc, there was only the one service

I know this because the wife of a friend worked for British Caledonian mainline at the time, and I was fortunate enough to be invited to one or two Link parties