PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let it go to hell?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 15:49
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont be so hard on yourself and compare yourself to other people, do what you feel best, to stop training and continue with your job is fine. You have CPL add an FI keep your job and instruct on days off. I have too bailed out of training, and people around me have said Im mad, well Im not I am doing whats best for me and those around me. I am now an Instructor, CPL FI never got an IR, but not without lots of thoughts your having, done some quite mad things relating to training because just couldnt finish courses. But I have built about 1500hrs teaching PPL IMC night and ground examining. I have always viewed the flying as a hobby. I have another successful business that pays the bills, and hence difficult decisions of which way to jump concerning the flying. Why its so an emotional decision with flying choices Ive never really understood, but I guess its releated to time effort and money to get the ratings. But believe me I understand your thoughts.

Flying is sometimes about difficult choices, the fact that things expire make it harder, but life has a way of sorting it all out. Do what you can do, within your ability, thats fine. If it all gets too much re-evaluate, thats good business sense.

Some of my students are now airline pilots, and one is flying fast jets with the RAF, but they are not built like me they are different people, thats whats quite strange about instructing many around you will do better than you and get further, thats fine - thats whats being an instructor is all about.

Those who have known me for a while now say what a great balance you now have, own business and you fly when you want, how funny life is.

Last edited by Aware; 22nd Feb 2012 at 16:03.