PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 13:07
bristolflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airport is going to look at the long term picture. They must be sure that the expenditure will bring a return. No business would invest if they did not hold this view. I remember when the new terminal opened and there was a massive amount of space. It was designed to handled 2 million passengers and look where we are 12 years later. They will quite rightly look beyond the current climate to 10-15 years in the future. It is hard to see how much further Easyjet and Ryanair can expand, but one would assume higher frequency and larger aircraft. Germany has always been weak. There could be growth with the 787 coming on line. Thomson may look to expand to other holiday destinations, Goa for example. I've often wondered if Ryanair may have a crack at a lo-cost transatlantic airline from cheaper regional airports. They have hinted in the past, but you never know whether it is MOL looking for some quick press coverage. The middle eastern carriers will look to expand and they have money to burn. Etihad has 41 787's on order and Qatar has 30, so they might be an option a few years down the road. I can't see an American carrier back in a hurry.