PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IE9 upgrade and unable to remove Google homepage
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 11:50
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
Milo and Green granite....

Many thanks for the advice.. I now have my homepage as it was prior to the upgrade, however, when I click on Google, it still brings up the "i Google" site, the one with all the info on. not the plain site as it where. I run Win 7 by the way.

Interestingly, Norton has flagged up two "unauthorised access" medium level alerts since the download / i Google and the info. on the page shows Manchester, where I used to live, but not now.

Sprogget Here's an insight for you. When I am uncertain or wish to know about something, I ask those who do..and this includes within my life long occupation as an engineer... endex.

I freely admit that I am not wholly conversant with IT or PC's but neither am I a complete novice. As Milo said, as indeed did I, the upgrade was done by MS, not me. So please, save the pithy comments for JB and lets use this forum for the serious intent and information it can provide. And my gender is male by the way.