PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Experience
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 10:54
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tommy Tilt
A bit harsh there, I think the point he was trying to make, that I understood fully , is that if he attempted to offer moral support to his FO colleague, the likely result would be that "Big Boss" sitting behind would, rather than ameliorating his behaviour, probably give the other guy even more sh1t.

In addition to this, he would probably do his own chances of getting through training no good either, as I am led to believe that these goons are just looking for an excuse to fail anyone they can. The money for expats is cr@p, but for locals much worse, and they DO NOT want you there, you are resented, & there are stories of expats recording conversations in the Sim between locals & having someone translate them subsequently. Suffice to say, you can then very clearly make your mind up as to how welcome you are.
It is very unlikely, that any intervention by an expat will change these guys attitude. I have heard similar stories from others, & a reliable story of a mobile phone being stolen from the flightbag of a Swedish Capt, by the Trainers, when he went to take a leak during the Sim session

As we say, don't shoot the messenger, and thanks to Max Thrust for once again confirming to me that I should NOT apply.