PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IE9 upgrade and unable to remove Google homepage
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 06:45
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 143 Likes on 103 Posts
IE9 upgrade and unable to remove Google homepage

Yesterday, I shut down in the morning and booted up again in the evening.

When I did so, I found a completely different homepage. Right clicked on the IE icon on the lower taskbar and found Google...clicked on Google and entered various sites to find these still remembered me....so far, so reasonably good.

Note also that the upper toolbars have vanished but I have now restored these although the "Back" buttons have change in size and seem selective as to when they actually function.

Did some delving around on the PC and find that IE9 has been dowloaded for me....I did not make this choice...

However, when I start up, I now get the " i Google" homepage. I searched the programmes and clicked on " uninstall"...which it duly did.....but when I start up...the Google home page is still there !!.....any ideas as to why this should be and how I can remove the damn thng please.

Also,the "new and improved" IE seems not to be...thus, if I change my browser to say Firefox, will this change have any effect on my settings and. from my non techie perspective, how easy is it to accomplish...successfully please.