PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Seniority System
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 02:55
migrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That comment is based on nothing more than your opinion. Most will argue the next 20 years will be the toughest for the world economy since the great depression. As someone who has studied the Great Depression in detail I suggest you do the same. The events of 1929-1938 are repeating themselves to a "T".
It´s good you mention that since I´ve studied technical analysis and charting in university. Those indicators should only be used for short term predictions (i.e. daytrading, swingtrading). I´m basing my opinion on fundamental analysis.

However look up elliot waves (one of the most reliable long term indicators) and you´ll see that a third wave (the most extreme one) in the present series is imminent (prob happening somewhere mid 2012). First downward wave was in 2008 second was soon after. These three are similar to the 1929-1932 series. Therefore we´ll be experiencing rock bottom really soon and from then on there should be a steady continuous upward movement which obviously will be most severe in promising markets, BRIC contries - Brasil, Russia, India and CHINA (Hong Kong included).

I rest my case about my thoughts for growth and quicker progressions, i think you´re wayyyyy offcourse on your "15-20 year upgrade" predictions for a new joiner. No way...it will be more like 7-8. However once again only time will tell us!