PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIG Announcement coming from QF?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 00:44
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if Australia was beset by invasion, of the style the Japanese may have inflicted during WWII, or civil war, and Australians were to attempt to depart en masse for a safer haven, how many of you are going to be content to stop in Malaysia, or Thailand, or Indonesia??????

And how many will try to make Europe or the US, where conditions might be perceived to be better??????
Cap'n, as far as I can see, Australia won't be militarily invaded. Civil war? is a possibility, but improbable. Although, having said that, many of the "assylum seekers" bring their baggage of issues with them and end up having their feuds in our country.

When the top end of Australia had the bejesus bombed out of it in WWII, the Australians then did not flee. They put up the best fight they could. I don't believe that Australians would flee Australia because of the following points:
  1. There is no other safe haven like Australia. Not even the USA
  2. Would the likes of Indonesia or Malaysia take on Australians if they did flee? I highly doubt it.
  3. Australians will stay and defend their country (unless of course they just got off a rickety boat from Indonesia, overstayed their student visa or their 457 visa).
  4. We have VERY BIG USAF bases in the NT and Top End that have interests within Australia they wish to protect.
Are we done with the boat people issue? Are we going to put our focus back on the original topic, or is the boat people issue going to be as big as Rudd vs Gillard? If so, start another topic.