PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in China - Families
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 23:59
busav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cachorrao,

The brazilian problem is not different from what it's happening in Spain and in Portugal (just to give you two good examples). This industry sucks, period. But I never saw such a shameless initiative as this one. For me this phenomenon is called "xenophobia".

And it is absolutely false that a national has priority over expats on those countries. Like I said before, as long as you comply with the pre-requisites you are good to go. Many experienced brazilian pilots got jobs in front of many nationals (including many air force pilots) on those countries.

Some years ago it was possible to see entire brazilian crews in the cockpit of certain companies, while many nationals were without a job, particularly young or less experienced pilots. Many local FOs had to wait several years for their promotions because of that. And so what? Like I said before, this industry sucks and there's nothing we can do about it.

The same was true with the helicopter market. Many nationals were unemployed while many Brazilian helicopter pilots (dozens of them) got "their" jobs.

Or do you think BS only happens in Brazilian companies? Jeez...
Go to China, India, Korea, ME, Europe and you will be surprised...