PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it go back to the old times?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 20:38
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is a good example for new guys considering their options on what to expect from their future employment aspirations.

I dont want to state the obvious but guys, when you take the plunge, and with all due respect you MUST appreciate what is on the cards when you have finished all your professional training, i.e. yes you will have to keep a medical current, yes you will have to keep your MEP IR current. Of course all this costs money, so you must have a plan in place in order to finance this.

If you accept this fact when you start, it will not come as a surprise. The industry and recruitment trends have always been the same, in terms of peaks and troughs.

Please dont get me wrong, I know how you feel I have been in the groove you are talking about, it is frustrating, but come on guys, it should not come as a surprise.

Another thing, you must appreciate that you and thousands of other pilots are waiting for the right time to 'renew' everything, however, its sometimes not just about having a current licence, it's about standing out from the crowd, which Falck and P-T touch on.

Commitment, persistence and determination and willing to go the extra mile is key, and will pay off in the end.