PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your Career as a Helicopter Pilot; in a simple perspective...
Old 21st Feb 2012, 19:15
captpugwash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had worse jobs

1. What is the best part of your job? To me actually flying, I still love it...

2. What is the worst part of your job? Being away from family....

3. Any regrets in choosing your career? Only sometimes....but then I pinch myself

4. How long have you been in it? 25 years....

5. If someone you knew was considering getting their commercial license, would you recommend it to them? Think about it, you have to really want to be a pilot, if you are determined to make it , you will, with hard work and perseverance and a good sense of humour...

6. What advice would you give to a multi-talented, low-time pilot with a couple hundred hours under his/her belt and few years' experience in the industry, potential for a family, and considering pursuing some other career instead of the glorified chopper pilot?
Complete your CPL, do your ATPL subjects and IREX, and go down the offshore route, its good money and quite stable employment compared to a lot of other helicopter roads...

7. Do you consider yourself successful? Why or why not? My wife and kids think I am...Its a good way to make a living...go for it...