PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 18:09
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 166 Likes on 64 Posts
The drawbridge was raised against all but 'scheme cadets' four years ago. I note that many of those 'cadets' are now busily engrossed in the books as their various Command Assesment hoops hove into view. Good on them, they have thousands of hours on type and good training records. In those years and hundreds of thousands of sectors there has been one tailscrape at Lisbon.

I see no compelling reason why the company will consider lowering the drawbridge. Unless there is one hell of an immediate order for Airbus Neo's which Airbus knock up in record time then there will be no Experience Gap requiring DEC's.

They have built their model, it seems to work, they are taking it more in-house and I think we'd all better get used to it. I don't advocate it and I lament it but I find calm in accepting the world as it is rather than how I think it ought to be.

The real issue, the real dark topic is the Colgan angle. When you're new, on temp contract, paid by the hour, young, away from family - the pressure to show up for work regardless of your fit state is great. This is undesirable.