PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st Feb 2012, 16:12
noox89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

just to help those pilots who are preparing for interview. Briefing at 10 am in Hangar 10 in STN. After that you get a number and they pair you up. Then you go upstairs where the interview is carried out. It takes around 20 minutes but you put there all the requested materials and the HR lady asks you common questions: Why RYR, What do you know about RYR, Why do you fly, What is most difficult at your current job? Ryanair examiner is also present and the conversation gradually transitions to technicalities: What engines? How the engine works, by-pass ratio, Where is the thrust generated? How many seats? How many Flight attendants, Where do you find these regulations? What is at wingtips of B738? After that sim assessment: It is beautiful CAE 5000 B737-800... You may sit wherever you want to (left or right). There was nonstandard departure with FD and after bug up FD off, some climbs, descends, possition report (RYR 737 DISTANCE 10 NM IBHG, QDM 180 HB). Expect some troubles once you get descend from ATC (we got smoke in lavatory). Declared emergency and requested vectors for ILS in Belfast. at 800 ft NAV1 fail, continue and full-stop. End of detail, you switch and you perform your PM duties. IMPORTANT: do not get too preoccupied with the aircraft, leave some capacity for problem solution!!! Trim the airplane, it flies like any other airplane just do not fight it, trim it!!! IMPORTANT: once you add power it will pitch up! the opposite happens once you reduce power.

In our case there were 8 pilots, 2 got hired (I know that 5 got the no go e-mail Thursday after the assessment but it varies!!! The course on 16th got the good news on this Monday!) I was the lucky one and have Intro in EMA at the beggining of April. If anyone else attends the Intro on that dates please PM me.

Good luck to everyone! I hope this helps!