PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 13:01
xnnfm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My Experience..

Hi Guys,

I've been out of this forum quite long, since I've finished EC's selection.

Today I opened this forum by chance, just to look what's going on here.

So I've started my selection on January 2010 making FEAST I and II, then I made the final interview on late Feb.

The day after I came back to my country when they informed me about my failure.. What a shock!
After several days, the guy from HR who interviewed me, called to give me the "feedback". That was very kind of him.

Among variuos things, they decided not to take me on because of my english prep.

After that call I've started to collect all of those information to improve my whole preparation (I was about to start the selection for my national provider), the failure was not an option, so I've done a great effort to be the best candidate to have access to the Academy.

This morning I was reading your posts, about experiences, tips and advices, therefore, after a couple of years, I decided to give some "sharp" infos, hoping that you'll go there fully prepared.

The first thing comes from my mind bring us to the end. The feedback.

The clearest memory of that interview is when they asked me about my sentimental relashionship. At the time I was engaged and they asked me a lot of things about my girlfriend.. Quite a lot! Too many..

Months later I realized how much they invest on you, how they can't afford any chances of failure during training.

Be sure to keep in mind that they rely also on your "personal" situation, don't think that asking if you have a girlfriend it's just a "friendly question".

The HR guy didn't mention about my sentimental relationship in the feedback, but i'm firmly sure that my answer was important.

Be sharp, be awake, be yourself, be prepared:

Gathering infos about FEAST is a good thing: you don't have to be prepared as they teach you every single part of the test, but going there with a previous idea of what you're going to do is much better.

Try to make friendship,

You'll meet a lot of guys who are going to make the same selection, be together, especially the day before, helps you to keep calm..

Be confident,

Especially in the second phase, you'll have to do the group discussion and the prep. of a flight plan that you're going to explain to the board. You have to speak in front of people (psychologist), keep that in mind.

Before to go there, ask you some questions, like: Why I want to be an ATC? Can seems a weird question, but I'm sure you know the importance of knowing your personal answer.

The test are long, stressful, hard and quick... Be fully rested, be calm and act like you're going to start a marathon, not a 100mt sprint.

We were about 60 of us. Only 4 (including me) were invited to the final interview. As far as we know, nobody was took on in the company.

After two years, i've succeded the selection for my national provider. I'm still waiting to start the course.

EC was a great experience that helped me to face another selection in a better way.

Hoping I was of any help, don't hesitate to ask anything you want..!

xnnfm