PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 12:40
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive73:

Are you even a pilot? Just because you have adequate rest time doesn't mean you get adequate rest. Early in my carrier I could sleep any time, as I got older it has become increasingly hard to sleep during the day. You can't force yourself to sleep. Don't think your above making a bone headed mistake you are human after all. The second you think your above doing something like this is the day you should leave the cockpit. Degrading the guy like he intentionally killed all those people and himself makes me think your not a pilot, very fresh ppl pilot, very immature, or arrogant, any of the above doesn't belong in the air in any capacity other than a passenger.
27 years with TWA and 20,000 hours. I flew my share of multi-leg overnight trips and horribly long duty days. My crews and I declared crew fatigue after excessively long duty days on a few occasions over those years.

I also participated in several air carrier accident investigations. I am well aware of the stress and circumstances that cause honest mistakes to be made, which in some cases result in horrible accidents.

I am also aware of the Comair 5191 crash at KLEX. I did some technical work on that one. It was similar to the crash at issue that the "mistake level" rose to gross negligence.

The late captain at issue was grossly negligent. Had he survived he would have been criminally prosecuted in many countries, as well as he should been. He isn't here to defend himself; by the same token he has been spared a trial at which he would have mostly likely been found guilty of criminal neglegence. It is a shame the F/O didn't take control before it was too late. But, apparently he had been so poorly treated by this egomaniac he just gave up. It is shockingly similar to Islamabad.

If you don't see this after a careful read of the official report, what more can I say?

Are you aware of the various criminal legal levels of taking another life?