PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going with DEC
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 06:32
desertcamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel you guys on the RHS...sorry if this will affect your promotions, but to be honest, there's nothing much we can do. Most of us been here long enough to understand that the only constant thing in EK are changes. We all expected at some point that upgrade on the whale will happen, and so it will ,based on this FCI. But if you analyze carefully on how it was written...2500 hrs on the RHS 380 before a Command upgrade, and thats 4 to 5 yrs.to build. And by that same time, most of us on the Bus in particular,If not ALL, have already been transferred to "who knows where" 777 or the 380. Even the most senior FO on the 380 does not have a 2500hrs on type at present. And im saying this based on their current phase out plan. So, one can just imagine the number of upgrades coming in the next year or two.
Huge number of Upgrade interviews are still ongoing, but unfortunately the rates of failures and repeat interviews were quite big. And this affects movements for the rest of you, since the the repeats will be called again ahead of others ,due to their seniority. All EK F/Os are qualified to be Captains, and thats the reason they hired us in the first place...but, that seizes once we fail a PPC, ALC, Upgrade interview, etc etc.
So, what to do ? IMHO,do your stuff and study..And try your best to pass the first take. Because , this is one Reason you give to the Company to resource on DEC's.

to my colleagues on the RHS, i hope you'll all get your Upgrades. For now, let's enjoy life. its a waiting game....lets see

My2C
DC