PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it go back to the old times?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 23:23
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines are still a possibility

I disagree with the two statements above about forgetting the Airlines if over 30. I started the Thomas Cook Cadet Scheme at 30 and I was by no means the oldest on the course, there was a 43 y/o who got a jet Airline job within 2 month of qualifying.

I say its all about the level of commitment you show and how far you're willing to go to get your job. And tarts not just your first job, but any subsequent job. I managed to get a job with another Airline when I was 33 and I only had 800 hours in total, with about 500 on jet.

I've been told many times that I would never make it and I'd never get a job, but I'm now unfrozen, working for a good company and have the future to look forward to.

Most of the time you only get the doom and gloom on PPRUNE and its because the people who post are the ones that have been in your situation and have been unlucky (I have no idea about the other two posters above me and it is in no way meant as offensive towards them)

Don't let anyone other than the Chief Pilot of the Airline you're applying to tell you that you are too old.

Don't let your licence lapse, if anything it shows lack of commitment. OK, maybe you can't afford it, you need to then dig out that credit card or sell whatever you can/work as hard as you can to get the money.

It will pay off