PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Innocent 747 Pilot Dubbed 'Security risk' sues BA
Old 20th Feb 2012, 21:19
scarrymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Math fox wrote:
How many lives and careers should """security""" agencies be allowed to ruin to prevent one killing by terrorists?

How many democratic checks are there on what the security agencies do?

Should any company act on information that government officials refuse to put in writing?

Here are my answers:
How many lives and careers should """security""" agencies be allowed to ruin to prevent one killing by terrorists?
This is one the most absurd statements I have ever read and very telling of Matt's beliefs. I believe its OK to be over the top when it comes to safeguarding a weapon of mass destruction - which is exactly what a flying airliner could be. Do you really believe you need to wait before someone is flying an airliner into a crowded building to decide that he should not fly? Are you KIDDING???
Democratic check on security agencies. I live in the US. Yes lots and lots of checks. What do you call all the court actions?
Should any company act on information that government officials refuse to put in writing?
If I'm on the flight - OMG YES!!! If its only you on the flight - be my guest!