PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in China - Families
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 16:58
Cachorrao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, Busav8r;

The Brazilian pilots went to those places because there was a lack of labour by the time they arrived. This is not the case here. I am the living example of that. I would love to live and work in Australia, but the requirements I've seen this far are 'Catch 22' styled.

I doubt that I would get a job today in the countries you quoted. Actually, I would get amazed if I'd get the job in front of a national.

I have nothing against foreign people working here. I just want the market to need them first.

As you have yourself quoted, there is a number of us working abroad. Why ? Because of the BS we face here with our airlines. The only way to fight this is to have a shortage of labor, that would make the airlines improve their behaviour.

They are just trying to use foreign people at this stage to threaten us to shut up. That is why so many (including me) are against foreign people (at least at this time) working here.

It is not a biased opinion. I would go for a job abroad if it is necessary and interesting for me. I do not expect to get hired because they think I am cool or not. They will hire me (or not) depending on their need. Once the Chinese market has enough pilots, they will send the expats back. I do not see a problem with that.